Could your business offer Sixth Form work experience?
Highbury Fields School is looking for businesses to provide 1 or 2 work experience placements for Sixth Form students as part of their work experience programme.
Highbury Fields students are extremely keen to find out more about the world of work, and what their future could hold, which is why they have decided to introduce a formal work experience programme in the summer term. Over 60% of students receive Free School Meals, often used by the government as an indicator of poverty. The students and their families have high aspirations, but do not often have the professional contacts that enable them to secure their own work experience placements.
As part of the school’s commitment to ensuring that their students are equipped with the resources to make important choices about their futures, they are asking businesses and organisations to commit to taking 1 or 2 students for a week of work experience.
If you are able to commit to this, they would ask of you or your place of work:
- To provide the students with a meaningful week of work experience, ideally following a structured programme which enables students to engage with the work of your organisation or business
- To ensure that this can take place in the week beginning 13th June
- To take any necessary steps regarding employment of young people under 18 (our students will be 16-17), if your organisation does not already employ individuals under 18, and liaise with us to confirm you have a liability insurance policy (all employers do have this)
As a school, we will ensure that students:
- Communicate with you via letter prior to the work experience, or via a more formal application if you would prefer
- Are dressed in formal attire
- Understand the commitment that the work experience entails
If your business wants to take advantage of this opportunity, please contact:
Head of Sixth Form
020 7288 2124
External Liaison Coordinator
020 7288 2120